Master of Arts in Intercultural and International Communication
In our increasingly diversified and globalized world, our Master's in Intercultural and International Communication program (MAIIC) will equip you to lead communication processes and systems in public, non-profit and NGO, and international organizations, as well as within the private sector. Graduates of our MAIIC program will learn to communicate effectively in complex circumstances making use of diverse media and communication genres, and engaging different audiences across multiple cultural settings.
Delivered in two formats; as a two-year blended model and an 18-month on-campus program, incorporating online learning with an on-campus residency, the MAIIC program offers a unique opportunity to confront matters of social change through an intercultural and communications lens.
The blended format of this program attracts senior working professionals keen to gain a masters degree while continuing in their professions. The cohort reflects a diversity of sectors, expertise, and interests (health, education, government, media, development, sport, natural resources, and advocacy).
The on-campus format generally attracts a diverse and highly international cohort of young global leaders and junior professionals and the program follows an intensive schedule ensuring students can achieve their masters, gain valuable work or research experience in Canada or abroad, and advance their careers in a timely manner.
The MAIIC graduate program prepares you to be a critical, creative, ethical, global communications leader. Ideal for self-starters, late-stagers, and independent thinkers, this program reflects the university’s strategy of applied learning and progressive problem solving. The program is delivered by an international, research-active team of experts having a wide range of industry experiences. You will become a member of a networked learning community of academics and practitioners during the residency on campus as well as within the online learning environment.
- Respond to the demand for strategic and independent-thinking communication professionals
- Develop your skills and knowledge in the arena of global communication
- Develop personally, professionally, and academically
- Help your organization thrive in a rapidly changing global environment
- Problem solve global communication issues within live case scenarios
- Insight and Knowledge – develop your practical and theoretical understanding of intercultural and international communication in applied settings through an advanced and challenging curriculum
- Practical Skills – gain transferable personal and intellectual skills, as well as core strategic communication skills, required by professionals in the developing global communication industry.
- Connections – link to an excellent network of communication professionals and mentors with a multi-national cohort and an alumni base built up over more than a decade
To learn more visit the MA in Intercultural and International Communication program page or contact us!